Wednesday 30 March 2011

Pesto-topped Mini Salmon Fillets

Hey guys!  Tetley and I have been feeling a bit under the weather these past few days, so we haven't been cooking anything very exciting.  When I looked back through my mismash of photos for this blog though, I found pictures for this recipe that I forgot to post, which lets me off the hook somewhat...  Although not the most attractive recipe (green is always a dubious colour for food in my opinion), these salmon fillets are very tasty, they converted fish-hater Tetley so even if you're not the biggest fan of fish you should give them a try!


To serve two people, you will need:
  • 2 fillets of salmon
  • 3 tbsps green basil pesto (or any other pesto you have)
  • 2 slices white bread
  • Parmesan or cheddar cheese
  • Parsley

1. Firstly, cut the salmon fillets into inch-thick pieces, placing them skin down on a baking tray.


2. To prepare the topping, firstly make the breadcrumbs by putting the bread in a food processor or toasting then grating it.  Grate the cheese too, the amount is up to you but I generally use a big handful, I probably put cheese in far too many of my meals...



3. Put the cheese and breadcrumbs into a bowl and add the pesto and parsley.  Mix everything together, if it looks too dry then add a bit more pesto.


4. Spoon the mixture on top of the salmon strips, splitting it evenly as you can between them all.  Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees for about 10 minutes.


I usually eat these with potato wedges or homemade chips, but we were out of potatoes so I cooked some tagliatelle instead, which worked surprisingly well with the crispy-topped salmon and probably made for a healthier dinner.  Why not experiment and see if you can find another way to serve this meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment