These roast potatoes are probably my favourite thing to cook and eat, as they're just so ridiculously packed full of flavour. They are also a favourite with my friends, my friend Ruaridh scrapes the roasting dish clean every time I make them! They're pretty easy to make, all you need is:
- Potatoes - I use about three per person, depending on size
- Half a bulb of garlic
- Rosemary (fresh or dried)
- Sea salt
- Sunflower oil
- Garlic salt, dried basil and oregano (optional)
1. Peel the potatoes and chop into smallish pieces. I generally half the potato and then cut that half into quarters. Boil the chopped potatoes for about 5 minutes, then drain.
5. Put the dish in the oven at about 200 degrees for 40 minutes to an hour, depending on how crispy you want your potatoes. Take the dish out once or twice and move everything about with the spatula and add more oil if it looks a bit dry.
Here they are as part of the Christmas dinner Tetley and I made for our friends, they are perfect for any occasion!